22.02: Plans drawn up to build market house 7 years ago but opposed by the previous owner of the Priory Estate and Bill failed in Parliament. New plans now, as the new owner (R D Jenkins) is in favour, also of lighting the town with gas.
Streets to be flagged 01.08 Carmarthen Journal
Tabernacle treasurer Griffith Edwards is replaced by David Jenkins (until 1847).
The True Ivorites had a membership of 129.
10/10 Revd John Griffiths resigned as headmaster of the Grammar School.
Davies, Ann wid of Thomas 26/09/1843 aged 37 HPW85 xC
Regular passenger service between Bristol and C.: smacks ‘Elizabeth’, comm by Capt Eans, ‘Tivy Lass’ (Capt. Harries) and the ‘Sarah’ (Capt. Timothy)
Poster appeared: Bristol – loading for C, NCE, Kenarth, Newport, Boncath, Pontreselly, Eglwyswrw.. smack Sarah of Cardigan…
These vessels were met by John Furlong, of Nantyddwylan Arms, drove his covered cart bet. C and Hwest.
5 firms exporting grain, flour
5 firms producing malt for Bristol breweries
3 tanneries exp hides.