28 August (1940) Visit of Paulo’s Royal Circus
- 28 1940 (Wed.) Visit of Paulo’s Royal Circus. Elephants, Daredevil riders, acrobats, teddy bears, monkeys, dogs, pigeons, wire-walkers, dancing horses, midget ponies, oriental mysteries, clowns. Adults: 1/3, 2/4, 3/6. Children 6d, 1/2, and 1/10
- 28 1877 (Tues.) Contract (£204) for building North and West walls of the cemetery given to Messrs. W. Evans & John Thomas, Cilgerran.
24 July (1901) Arrival of the First Motor Car
- 24 1901 (Wed.) Arrival of the First Motor car by T. M. Daniel. Its passage through the streets caused much commotion.
- 24 1866 (Tues.) Steven’s Royal Menagerie & Foreign Legion of Birds and Beasts; Monsters of the Deep; Reptiles of the Land; the Great Lion Slayer; Tiger Tamer; and Serpent Charmer. The Menagerie will contain upwards of 100 specimens of all leading productions of the Animal World.
13 June (1951) Cardigan Musical Festival
- 13 1951 (Wed.) Cardigan Musical Festival: Elijah in Bethania. Soprano Joan Alexander; Bass John Dethwick; Contralto Kathleen Joyce; Tenor Ritchie Thomas. Organist Prof. Edward Morgan. Admission 5/- and 3/6
- 13 1936 (Sat.) Visit of Chapman’s Circus.
- 13 1825 (Mon.) Performance of The Honey Moon or How to Rule a Wife! performed by Mr and Mrs Horsman, Mr and Mrs Frimbley, Mr and Mrs Colwell, Mr, Mrs and Master Potter, Mr Nickson, Mr Martin, and Mr Jones 12 in all – at the Theatre, Cardigan.
23 May (1969) Gina’s cafe opens
- 23 1969 (Fri.) Gina’s opened in High St
- 23 1950 (Tues.) Visit of Ringland Circus – the best for many years.