- 29 1944 (Wed.) Celebrity Concert at the Drill Hall. Presidents: Lt Col E. Harewood Williams and C. L. E. Morgan Richardson. Chairman: Col. B Taylor Lloyd.
- 29 1921 (Tues.) New Coalition Club in the old Customs House, St Mary St, opened by Capt Ernest Evans, MP at 2.00.pm
- 27 1973 (Sat.) Cardigan & District Liberal Association are addressed by Rt Hon Jeremy Thorpe at the Cliff Hotel. Additional entertainment provided by Blaenporth Male voice choir.
- 27 1970 (Tues.) Visit of Gareth Edwards to the Rugby Club to present coloured portraits to 3 local schoolboys: Brynmor Williams, Delfryn Owens and Dyfed Davies
- 19 1956 (Fri.) Young Conservatives Whist Drive at the Guild Hall
- 8 1939 (Fri.) Cardigan and Tivy-side headline story: ‘We are at War’
- 8 1889 (Mon.) Conservative Club opened at the Victoria Coffee Tavern.
- 8 1840 (Wed.) The poet Telynog was born at Netpool Cottages.
- 6 1976 (Fri.) National Eisteddfod: Welsh Language Society Noson Lawen: Dafydd Iwan, Elfyn Lewis, Mynediad am Ddim, Edward H. Dafis
- 6 1965 (Fri.) Scouser Alun Owen opens the Cardigan Art Society Exhibition
- 6 1913 (Wed.) Birth of Roderic Bowen
- 12 1878 (Wed.) ‘Semi-National Eisteddfod’; pavilion held 5000. Presidents: T E Lloyd, Coedmore MP, David Davies MP for Cardigan Boroughs. Winners of the choir competition was Bargoed Teifi.
- 20 1990 (Sul) Cardigan and district Independents hold their centenary Cymanfa Ganu Conductor John S. Davies
- 20 1966 (Fri.) In a meeting at Aberaeron former MP Roderic decides not to stand in any future election.
1966 General Election
D. Elystan Morgan (Labour) 11302 (37.1%)
Roderic Bowen (Liberal) 10779 (35.4%)
J. Stradling Thomas (Tory) 5893 (19.4%)
E. G. Millward (Plaid Cymru) 2469 (8.1%)
- 20 1684 (Tues.) Good Behaviour of Cardigan, master Thomas Freeland sailed with a cargo of wine, ale and salmon to London.