- 14 1866 (Fri.) Hearse presented to the town by David Davies, late coach-builder.
Tag: David Davies
20 June (1854) David Davies appointed as Official Valuer of the Common
- 20 1854 (Tues.) David Davies, Ffrwdvale, Llandeilo appointed as Official Valuer of the Cardigan Common
12 June (1878) Another successful ‘Semi-National’!
- 12 1878 (Wed.) ‘Semi-National Eisteddfod’; pavilion held 5000. Presidents: T E Lloyd, Coedmore MP, David Davies MP for Cardigan Boroughs. Winners of the choir competition was Bargoed Teifi.
30 March (1985) The day Cardigan’s bookies were in tears!
- 30 1985 (Sat.) Hywel Davies’s big day winning the Grand National on Last Suspect at 50-1
History of the 1985 Grand National
- 30 1908 (Mon.) Freemasons formed at Black Lion. Earliest members included William Woodward, David Davies solicitor, Llewelyn Davies, schoolmaster, D. Lloyd Jones, bank manager, G. W. Potter, Dr George E. Jones, Jenkin Jones, H. Nicholson, and M. L. Jones.
- 30 1970 (Mon.) Tudor James, 7 Priory St., takes over newspaper round from J. C. Roberts, High St.