3 July (1927) Going, going…

 

The Brickworks chimney

The Brickworks chimney

  • 3 1927 (Sun.) Brickworks Chimney felled. It was due to be felled on the previous Saturday night but attempts were unsuccessful. It was brought down on the Sunday morning (!). Built in 1874 under the supervision of Mr William Woodward JP. The Brickworks were very successful for many years but the end came in the 1920s.

30 March (1985) The day Cardigan’s bookies were in tears!

  • 30 1985 (Sat.) Hywel Davies’s big day winning the Grand National on Last Suspect at 50-1

History of the 1985 Grand National

Story of Last Suspect

1985 Grand National

  • 30 1908 (Mon.) Freemasons formed at Black Lion. Earliest members included William Woodward, David Davies solicitor, Llewelyn Davies, schoolmaster, D. Lloyd Jones, bank manager, G. W. Potter, Dr George E. Jones, Jenkin Jones, H. Nicholson, and M. L. Jones.
  • 30 1970 (Mon.) Tudor James, 7 Priory St., takes over newspaper round from J. C. Roberts, High St.