Something a little different this time:
Cardigan? Hasn’t changed a bit.
A quick glance at John Speed’s 1610 map of Cardigan confirms that the basic layout of the High Street and principal side streets of the town have not changed in over four hundred years. However, consideration as to the usefulness of various buildings have ensured that changes have occurred over the decades…
Follow the link to read the rest:
Posted on 3 July 2020 by Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
A guest blog by William Howells, the former County Librarian and a native of Cardigan.
- 12 1986 (Fri.) Worst floods in living memory down in the Mwldan
- 12 1963 (Thurs.) Opening of Henry Tudor Restaurant, Priory St
- 12 1890 (Fri.) Burial of Joseph Clougher, High St,73, stationer
- 12 1867 (Thurs.) £4 missing from a missionary box at Bethania.
- 11 1861 (Mon.) Priory St. named (from its original name of New St.).
- 19 1900 (Fri.) Napier St. is now a public thoroughfare.