Bethania Chapel: Architect was Daniel Evans, but the work exceeded his estimate. Rees, plastere has finished – centrepiece ceiling cornice. Iron railing design to be a competition. To open in 6 weeks (09.07) Delay in joiners work (06.08) . Contract for railing David Davies, the Bridge. Opened October. Cost £2,000
19.03: National School foundation stone laid. Revd Miles of Bingham on annual visit inspects school (Sept.)
07.05: Meeting to raise funds to complete the new Town Hall Welshman
11.06: St Mary’s Church: Small window near the pulpit has been taken out and a considerably larger one made by William Jenkins, mason to the design of Mr Waugh. [PH]
Nov. New barracks to be built. Angel Inn surveyed for the purpose (Jan 1848). To be completed next month. [William St.??]
Plans are made for a new street from Pontycleifion to the High St [Priory St? to be effected shortly]
Tabernacle treasurer David Jenkins is replaced by William Humphreys.
Mayor: R. D. Jenkins