1855

St Mary’s Church: Reseating and alterations awarded to David Morgan, St Mary Street. £520. Proposed additions and alterations: vestry (added?), chancel (altered?), and new? pulpit, reading desk, pews

12.09 Market Place: Council meeting resolved to erect a new market place on the site of the grammar school in Pendre according to the plans of Mr Jenkins, Haverfordwest, architect. Also to erect a new SLAUGHTERHOUSE at Arthur’s Court in the Strand on the bank of the Teifi

Old Plough Inn which stood at the end of the proposed new street form Finch’s Sq to Pendre has been pulled down and the space thrown open – a great improvement. 12.09