1859

Death of William James, Tregybi, a member of Tabernacle chapel.

Capel Mair membership = 320; SS 190; Members and hearers 489.

Guildhall was lengthened from 46ft 6in to 57ft 6in

22 April Joint Prayer meetings held CM (morning); Tabernacle (afternoon) Bethania (evening) to promote the Revival.

6 July: Market Hall opened.

16 Sept. Building News: Large engraved view and cross section of the Market Place – with ground plan. Local blue and brown stone, red brick bands and Box ground stone. Total under £5, 000. Contractors Jenkins, Thomas, Davies, Cilgerran for the market and public buildings; James and Jenkins Cardigan, for the Slaughterhouse. Clerk of Works C. Davies, Cenarth.

November – Mayor R. D. Jenkins