- Jun 24/6 John Bowen, master mariner of Ruth buried in St Mary’s Church cemetery aged 59
- Sept St Mary’s Church – seating capacity increased by 60
- Black Swan timber for Ald Tom Davies, abandoned on the Banks of Newfoundland
- 4/9 Jane Charles wi of David, coach prop. aged 40, William St buried in St Mary’s Church cemetery
20-21/9 1870 Third Capel Mair reopened. Special services were held. Builder J. R. Daniel.
- Oct Bridge widened by 6ft – facing sea
- 24/10 1870 Revd W. Meidrym Jones installed as minister of Tabernacl (until 1877)
- Nov Mayor John James James