1877

  • Efforts were made to establish the Mwldan Sunday School by W. H. Harries.
  • Population 2633
  • 29/3 LAST SHIP built – Margaret Ann, owned by Capt. Evan Parry, Tresaith launched by John Williams
  • May Half day holiday established
  • 28/8 Cemetery north and west walls built
  • 27/9 Netpool Gravel Pits leased to Burial Board
  • October Average attendance at Mwldan Sunday School = 200.
  • November Elections: D G Davies, Rev. W. Jones, John Lewis. Mayor James Williams
  • 6/12 Library considered but deferred until funds were available.