- 7 1949 (Sat.) Visit of Edwin Heath, Master Hypnotist at Guildhall 5 and 7.30. Must be seen to be believed!
- 6 1888 (Fri.) L V D ‘Lenny’ Owen, professor of Nottingham University (d. 1952) born No. 2 Lion Terrace, son of Mr and Mrs John Owen, solicitor’s clerk. Leonard Victor Davies Owen was educated at Llandovery School and Keeble College Oxford, where he gained a first class honours degree in Modern History in 1911. During the First World War, he served as captain in the 5th Battalion of the Oxford and Bucks Light infantry. He lectured at Bangor and Sheffield University before joining University College Nottingham (now the University of Nottingham) in 1920 to become Professor of History. He was honorary president of University College’s History Society, a member of the Council of the Pipe Roll Society and a member of the Lincoln Record Society. Professor Owen retired from the University of Nottingham in 1951 and died in February 1952.
- 5 1930 (Mon.) Berkshire Aviation Tours running passenger tours from Banc y Warren – Esrom Evans’ property at Aelybryn.
- 5 1884 (Mon.) Burial of John Rowland Daniel, 12 St Mary St, 52 year old house furnisher.
- 5 1859 (Thurs.) Sinking of the ‘Mary of Cardigan’ carrying a cargo of Cilgerrran slates.
- 4 1908 (Mon.) Burial of John William Marriott Smith, 32 years old, Napier St, Inland Revenue Officer
- 3 1824 (Mon.) Cymdeithas Cymreigyddion Aberteifi was established at the Angel. Meetings were held on 1st Wed in each month. Present in the first meeting: Thomas Bowen, esq.; vice-president Stephen Williams; chairman Rev John Herring, minister at Bethania; treasurer David Mathias; secretary James Jones; poet J M Jones (Ioan Cunllo)
Cymdeithas, urddas a harddwch – y wlad
A’i haelodau harddflwch;
Ac eres dan Gwladgarwch
Trwy’n mynwesau’n fflamiau fflwch.
Brwd haf yn Aberteifi – yw weithian
Ar yr Iaith lan wisgi;
Boneddion, bawb, yn noddi
Ffrydiau per ei phurdeb hi.
- 2 1900 (Wed.) Burial of Elinor Daniel, Bingham House, 30 years old spinster.
- 1 1921 (Sun.) Price of butter dropped to 2s per lb