- 1 1950 (Wed.) Opening TSB bank in Kensington House. Opened by Mayor.
- 1 1882 (Wed.) Bethania Vestry officially opened.
- 1 1850 (Fri.) Sale of the smack ‘Anne & Mary’ at the White Hart Inn by David Roberts.
OPENING OF BETHANIA VESTRY (adapted from CTA 2.3.1882)
The Vestry was built to meet the demands of the numbers attending the Sunday School. Vestry contained: a library, retiring rooms, vestry, teachers’ rooms, boiler room and other conveniences at a cost of £510. The plan was presented to Revd John William as a token of respect, by John Owens, a Liverpool architect. The inside was suitably decorated by Mrs R E Rees, who was also responsible for collecting £20–£30 towards the expenses. Master Johnny Evans George sold over 100 tickets towards the tea and concert.
The following were responsible for the decorations:
Miss Evans, Penrallt-Cadwgan; Mrs Williams, the minister’s wife; Capt J O Griffiths; Mrs Llewellyn (The Globe); Mr Richards; Mr David Thomas, Northgate Tce.; Mr John Bowen, Quay St; Mrs Thomas, Mwldan; Capt Evans, New Inn, William St.
Responsible for feeding the 500:
Miss Evans, Penrallt-Cadwgan; Mrs J O Griffiths, Emerald Ho., Pendre; Thomas Griffiths, Pendre; Mrs Esau, Pendre; Mrs James, Northgate Tce.; Miss Mary Ann Thomas, Quay St.