- 7 1939 (Tues.) Revd. D. J. Roberts begins at Capel Mair.
- 7 1900 (Wed.) Resignation of Thomas Francis as caretaker of the cemetery.
- 7 1896 (Fri.) Burial of Joseph Prosser, 81 retd seaman, Upper Mwldan
- 6 1850 (Wed.) ‘Thetis’ of Limerick founders on Cardigan Bar. 11 lives were lost.
- 5 1900 (Mon.) Attention of the local police drawn to the tendency of singing comic songs in the town’s public houses. Police Sergeant Denis Williams ‘police are giving the matter their consideration’.
- 4 1878 (Mon.) School Board decides to buy a new ‘very fine toned’ bell. To be supplied by William James, ironmonger.
- 3 1930 (Mon.) Will Haggar and Miss Jenny Lindon’s Dramatic Co. of Selected Playmen presents ‘Link that Binds’ in the Pav.
- 2 1882 (Thurs.) James Williams, of Priory St., twice appointed mayor (once in 1877), died.
- 1 1950 (Wed.) Opening TSB bank in Kensington House. Opened by Mayor.
- 1 1882 (Wed.) Bethania Vestry officially opened.
- 1 1850 (Fri.) Sale of the smack ‘Anne & Mary’ at the White Hart Inn by David Roberts.
OPENING OF BETHANIA VESTRY (adapted from CTA 2.3.1882)
The Vestry was built to meet the demands of the numbers attending the Sunday School. Vestry contained: a library, retiring rooms, vestry, teachers’ rooms, boiler room and other conveniences at a cost of £510. The plan was presented to Revd John William as a token of respect, by John Owens, a Liverpool architect. The inside was suitably decorated by Mrs R E Rees, who was also responsible for collecting £20–£30 towards the expenses. Master Johnny Evans George sold over 100 tickets towards the tea and concert.
The following were responsible for the decorations:
Miss Evans, Penrallt-Cadwgan; Mrs Williams, the minister’s wife; Capt J O Griffiths; Mrs Llewellyn (The Globe); Mr Richards; Mr David Thomas, Northgate Tce.; Mr John Bowen, Quay St; Mrs Thomas, Mwldan; Capt Evans, New Inn, William St.
Responsible for feeding the 500:
Miss Evans, Penrallt-Cadwgan; Mrs J O Griffiths, Emerald Ho., Pendre; Mrs Thomas Griffiths, Pendre; Mrs Esau, Pendre; Mrs James, Northgate Tce.; Miss Mary Ann Thomas, Quay St.