14 1969 (Fri.) An advert appeared in the Tivy-side by the local FWA representative.
14 1930 (Fri.) Cardigan Arms, 3 College Row, now open on Saturdays 11.30-11.00 for the sale of fried fish and chips.
14 1927 (Mon.) Burial of Evan Ceredig Evans, 74 years old, Brynsiriol, North Rd, retired chemist.
13 1945 (Tues.) Gunner George Backshell, Victoria House wounded in Holland.
13 1930 (Thurs.) Maid of Cefn Ydfa – William Haggar’s film of a Welsh historical drama shown in the Pav.
12 1960 (Fri.) Improved tv reception for Cardigan. A new ‘piped’ tv mast placed on Banc y Warren.
11 1861 (Mon.) Priory St named (from its original name of New St.).
10 1992 (Mon.) Death of Mrs Frances Mason, mayor 1982–3. She ran a second-hand bookshop on the top of Quay St. for many years.
Mrs Frances Mason
9 1842 (Wed.) Public meeting was convened by the Mayor in the Shire Hall when it was unanimously agreed to call for a Special Act of Parliament to enable the Council to proceed with the enclosure of the Commons.
8 1966 (Tues.) Floods hit the town, due to a high tide and high winds.