- 7 1877 (Thurs.) New Church organ dedicated. It was erected by Messrs. Foster and Andrews of Hull. Services began in the morning with a sermon preached by the Lord Bishop of St Davids, and in the evening by Revd O. A. Nares, Letterston. Mr Videon Harding of Carmarthen played the organ. Services continued until 17 th June with many of the local clergymen taking part.
- 6 1952 (Fri.) Official opening of the gate to the County Secondary school, by Roderic Bowen MP. Admiral H. W. W. Hope CB, CVO, DSO, JP, DL unveiled the Memorial Plaque bearing the names of the Fallen. Procession then moved on to Tabernacle Chapel .
- 5 1891 (Mon.) Burial of Anne Timothy, Penmorfa, 37 years old wife of Capt D Timothy.
- 4 1902 (Wed.) Fire consumed newly acquired grocery premises of Messrs Evans and Co. (later J. G. Morgan clothes shop and now Howies).
- 4 1880 (Fri.) Sale of Cardigan Prison advertised by Thomas Griffiths, auctioneer
- 3 1984 (Sun.) Death of Miss S R Owen , schoolmistress and mayor in 1971. She was a cousin to Professor L V Owen.
- 2 1926 (Wed.) New Bowling Green opened by Clr J E Jones, Shop Penbont.
- 1 1921 Town Council decided to tar-spray the main streets of the town for the first time.
- 1 1866 (Fri.) First issue of the Cardigan and Tivy-side. Happy 147th birthday!
Its first editorial declared:
‘We intend making ‘all mankind our business’ – our native land particularly so; and our native town we shall consider under our peculiar care. Its interests, whether generally as a part of the body politic or locally, shall have our special advocacy; and whatever is calculated to advance its trade, to raise its political position, or to add to the social comforts of its inhabitants, shall have our hearty assistance’.
- 1 1295 Visit of Edward I to Cardigan Castle. He stayed for 2 nights only. [Nothing much on in the Pav perhaps?]