- 31 1916 (Wed.) Burial of William Woodward,Caerleon House, Pendre, 78, estate agent
Castle Green – and they’re still building!
- 31 1827 (Thurs.) Foundation Stone of Castle Green laid.
- 31 1824 (Mon.) Cymmrodorion’s 1st meeting
- 30 1912 (Thurs.) Death of Evan Ithel James, clerk, 17 years old of Gordon Terrace.
- 29 1953 (Fri.) Fecci opened restaurant at 12 Pendre.
- 28 1950 (Sul) Civic Sunday at Capel Mair on the occasion of Clr. J. Rowland Daniel as borough mayor.
- 27 1918 (Mon.) Departure of last of Belgian refugees
- 27 1915 (Thurs.) HMS Majestic sunk whilst acting as a floating battery for the Australasian Expeditionary Force at Seddel-Bahr beach. All local sailors rescued. See also 26 March.
- 26 1925 (Tues.) Burial of William Ewart Yerward James, Caemorgan, 58, solicitor
- 26 1887 (Thurs.) Second and an important sale of a part of the Priory Estate held at Guildhall.
- 25 1963 (Sat.) Last freight train out of Cardigan to Whitland.
- 24 1859 (Tues.) Town Council decided to lengthen the Guildhall by 11 feet. This was done by building over the archway, and brought the length of the building to 57ft 5ins.
- Laying the foundation stone of Mount Zion
- 24 1880 (Mon.) Mt Zion officially opened. The foundation stone was laid by Sir William Davies MP for Pembs. The building cost £1, 190.
- 23 1969 (Fri.) Gina’s opened in High St
- 23 1950 (Tues.) Visit of Ringland Circus – the best for many years.
I’m still standing: Cannon in front of the Guildhall
- 22 1871 (Mon.) Cannon placed in front of Guildhall