March 25, 2013 25 March (1949) Tudor House Cafe and Restaurant opened By WHH ¶ Posted in people, shops ¶ Tagged D. M. Palmer, E. M. Cross, Templars, Tudor House ¶ Leave a comment 25 1949 (Fri.) Tudor House Café and Restaurant opened, 21 High St (site Morgans the butcher). Prop. Mrs E M Cross. 25 1873 (Tues.) Meeting to form Independent Order of Good Templars (temperance movement). D M Palmer, headmaster in the chair.