29 March (1987) Reopening of Tabernacl; (1877) Launching of Cardigan’s last ship

Programme for the Reopening ceremony, 1987

Programme for the Reopening ceremony, 1987

  • 29 1987 (Sun.) Reopening of Tabernacle – rebuilt 1776, 1807, 1832; refurbished 1864, 1902 and 1986.
  • 29 1885 (Sun.) Jane Thomas prop. of the Tivy-side. Buried in St Mary’s Cemetery, Thurs 2 April.
  • 29 1877 (Thurs.) Launching of the MARGARET & ANN (Y Llong Lestri). Last ship built at Cardigan. The owners were Capt. Evan Parry, Tresaith and Owen Jones, merchant, Llangrannog. It was built by Messrs. John Williams and son. 28 tns. (lost off St Anne’s Head 1919).