4 November (1895) Intermediate School for boys opened in the Grammar School

  • 4 1895 (Mon.) Intermediate School for Boys opened at the Grammar School. Staff included Mr D. M. Palmer, BA, Mr Charles Owen BA, and Miss Gladdish BA. 30 boys were present on opening day.  Later the girls started in 1896 at a spare room at the Board School, Pendre and 17 girls were enrolled on the first day. The ‘County School’ was officially opened on 23 Sept 1898.