23 July (1970) Our Lady of the Taper officially opened at 6.30pm

  • 23 1970 (Thurs.) Our Lady of the Taper officially opened 6.30. The ceremony was conducted by Rt Rev John E Petit MA, Bp of Menevia, assisted by Rt Rev Langton D Fox auxiliary Bp of Menevia.
  • 23 1968 (Mon.) Fire damages Rugby Club
  • 23 1678 (Tues.) Neptune of Ilfracombe took 15, 000 hilling stones to Dublin.